Redesigned Skype 5.0 for iPhone Launching Today
June 12, 2014 § Leave a comment
Microsoft announced earlier this week that it was close to releasing a new version of its Skype for iOS app with a streamlined design and improved performance. Arriving as projected, the new Skype 5.0 for iPhone is rolling out now in the iOS App Store. Some users are reporting seeing the update in their App Store “Update” pane but are unable to download, so users should be patient as it propagates.
Skype 5.0 focuses on making conversations easier with a refined group chat feature that can be launched from the main hub and a revised notification system that works across Skype platforms including the iPhone, PC and Xbox.
We’re excited for you to see how the new app has been redesigned to put your conversations first, providing you with a smoother, leaner and more integrated experience. Skype for iPhone is up to five times faster and it is also more stable and more reliable. Navigating through the new UI is easier and more fluid. Whether it’s creating a group chat, sending a photo or starting a video call, the new Skype for iPhone has been rethought to be simple and intuitive.
What’s New in Version 5.0
– Overall performance improvements – faster start up and fluid animations.
– A new modern hub centric design putting recent conversations first – just swipe to see your favourite people or contacts.
– Richer and more reliable messaging: create groups, share photos (even to offline contacts) and video messages.
– In-app notifications for quick conversation switching, and in-app controls to manage notifications.
– A new simplified, modern voice and video calling experience.
from MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – All Stories http://ift.tt/TO1xKE