Apple Launches Retina MacBook Pros with Faster Haswell Processors, More RAM Standard
July 29, 2014 § Leave a comment
As indicated over the weekend and yesterday, Apple today launch refreshed 13-inch and 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros.The new notebooks feature faster versions of Intel’s Haswell processors, as all 13-inch models now come with 8GB of RAM standard while all 15-inch models now feature 16GB of RAM.
New models include:
– $1299: 2.6 GHz dual-core i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, 128GB of flash storage
– $1499: 2.6 GHz dual-core i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, 256GB of flash storage
– $1799: 2.8 GHz dual-core i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 512GB of flash storage
– $1999: 2.2 GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, 256GB of flash storage
– $2599: 2.5 GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, 512GB of flash storage
The minor refresh is primarily a stopgap measure until Apple can launch a more significant update to its Retina MacBook Pro line once Intel’s next-generation Broadwell processors hit the market. Broadwell chips appropriate for the MacBook Pro may, however, not arrive until mid-2015. Apple is also rumored to be working on a 12-inch Retina MacBook for 2015 which is said to feature an ultrathin chassis, a fan-less cooling system and a revamped trackpad.
Apple’s refreshed line of Retina MacBook Pros are available today through the company’s various retail location and online store, with all standard configurations showing a shipping avaliability of “within 24 hours.” The new notebooks will also be a part of Apple’s back-to-school program, which gives qualified educational purchasers an Apple Store gift card of $100 with the purchase of a new Mac.
from MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – All Stories http://ift.tt/1rA9qi0