Parallels Desktop 10 with OS X Yosemite and iCloud Drive Support Launches for Existing Customers
August 20, 2014 § Leave a comment
Parallels today announced the launch of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, the latest version of the company’s software for running alternate operating systems like Windows in virtual environments on the Mac. The new version is available today as an upgrade for existing customers, and it will launch on August 26 for new customers.
Parallels Desktop 10 offers a bevy of new features and enhancements, including OS X Yosemite support, iCloud Drive and iPhoto Library support and battery life and performance speed optimizations. The main new features of Desktop 10 include:
– Mac OS X Yosemite integration, iPhone calling integration, iCloud Drive and iPhoto Library support
– Now with one click users can select from a number of choices to optimize their virtual machine based on what their primary usage is: productivity, games, design or development.
– The new Parallels Control Center is a one-stop-shop for managing Parallels Desktop; it allows users to manage all their virtual machines and configuration settings from a single place.
– Users can share files, text or web pages from Windows using Internet accounts configured on their Mac such as Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, Flickr; or send them via email, AirDrop and Messages.
– Users can drag and drop files to Mac OS X virtual machines.
– Users can now open Windows documents up to 48 percent faster.
– Battery life is now extended by up to 30 percent, giving people additional work time when they need it most.
Upgrade pricing for users of Parallels Desktop 8 or 9 is $49.99, while standard retail pricing is set at $79.99 for regular users and $39.99 for students. Parallels Desktop 10 customers also receive a free three-month subscription to Parallels Access that allows Windows and Mac users to use their machines from their iPads.
from MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – All Stories http://ift.tt/1BAyMTw