Apple’s TestFlight Beta Testing Service Gearing Up Alongside iTunes Connect Revamp [iOS Blog]
September 5, 2014 § Leave a comment
Earlier this year, Apple acquired Burstly, the company behind the popular TestFlight service for managing beta testing of iOS apps, and at WWDC in June Apple announced it would be relaunching TestFlight with iOS 8 as an integrated service for developers and testers.
With the redesigned iTunes Connect web portal launching yesterday, the service is now including references to TestFlight and the company has made public a link to a universal iOS app [App Store] to allow users to install beta apps.
TestFlight allows app developers to invite you to beta test their apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Once you join a developer’s beta test through their email invitation, TestFlight makes it easy to install or update to new bet versions as they become available.
Beta testing apps has never been easier
– To receive your beta test invitation, all an app developer needs is your email address
– You will receive beta invitations in your inbox
– Accept the invitation to open TestFlight and install the app
– TestFlight will then notify you when new versions are available
– Tap to upgrade to the latest version and keep testing
The app requires iOS 8, and Apple will likely make a more thorough unveiling at next week’s media event where it will announce the public launch date for iOS 8.
from MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – All Stories http://ift.tt/1Cy4FfH